Thursday, November 6, 2014

Tough times call for Dr. Pepper

So yesterday I got hit with some news.
Nothing to worry over... but to me it hit me ||kinda sorta|| hard.
Before I tell you I just have to share how amazing Rob is.
Rob is the hunny bunny, papa bear, my "oldest son", soccer playing dad.
He's #1 in our family, because he is incredible. 

We started dating in high school in 2005 and we have been married for just over 6 wondrous years.

We have our 3 kids that look at him and know he's their hero.

One of my favorite things about him is the way he handles things
He's a very logical thinker, as I am a very.... illogical haha. I am very much "head in the clouds" kind of gal, and there are times I need to be brought back down.
He handles stress so well, and you guessed it...! I don't
I can handle the stress of kids, grocery shopping, organizing, etc, etc.
But finances... that's a doozy.

So Rob works an amazing full time job and is going to school full time || Remember he handles stress tremendously||
So I actually cleaned a local Crossfit gym just to help pay off debt to work towards our financial goals. No big deal right?
Nope!
So we have cleaned this gym for over a year now and it has recently gone under new ownership. The owner is awesome and he's super nice and extremely understanding. Awesome kind of boss huh!?
So he text me yesterday and let me know that they couldn't financially afford a cleaning "service" anymore. Even though we are not a cleaning service, but whatever you get the point.
My heart sank... I felt like I got fired... which I've had done, once, long story... anyways.

I call Rob almost in tears. I tell him what had happened, and he's actually happy! 
I'm staring at the wall with a blank face... "what did you just say?"

He goes on to tell me how we can have our Sundays back together and he can regain his energy to go to school and work for the upcoming week and not feel the stress of going to clean that place.
I get that...
but the money...
Rob's response is always what gets me. "We have made lots of money in the past and we have had no money in the past. The only thing I know for sure is that I love you and that we will get through whatever comes our way." 
I love him so much. 
My sister said that "Sometimes the hardest trial is the blessing in disguise." I am hoping that this is true in this case. I am doing my budget right now and I can feel the tension. 
I watched a video from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints faceboook page and it really hit home for me. Even though this is a hard time for me, its nothing huge like a death. Its a mere blip in my plan. A test of faith in my Heavenly Father. I have felt the need to pray and to be closer to him so I can know what to do and how to handle this. 
For those who don't know, I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and I am so thankful for that. 
As my day 5 and day 6 of gratitude they're going to my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ as well as my amazing Husband.
|| I can guarantee you that wont be the only post about the hubs||
If you would like to more information about this amazing church go here

post signature 

No comments: