Thursday, March 13, 2014

5 years ago, I became a mother

So now that things have seemed to settle down, I am going to start by updating my blog.... slowly.... I mean we're talking about 2 years worth of birthday's, anniversaries, and events happen and I love to blog about as much as I can. Now that I am back on the blogging scene, I am wanting to extend my horizon and really use this blog for SO many things. So be on the look out for all that fun stuff.


So any ways, with that being said I am going to start with a recent event.


My boy is a big time 5 year old.... I am officially an old lady, haha. No I was really looking forward to this birthday because I feel like he is really understanding holidays and birthdays. He's such a sweet little boy and he is excited for anything! It doesn't matter who's birthday it is, he's freaking out, so when it came to his birthday this past Sunday, he would not stop talking about it. Even now, its been almost a week, and hes still saying its his birthday haha I love him.


So Rob and I asked what Cooper wanted to do for his birthday and he wanted to go golfing, we ended up taking him to the Taylor made golf experience. Cooper and Rob hit a couple buckets and I knew that Cooper was on cloud 9. The great thing about where we were at is that we are right by the landing strip of McCarran Airport, so we would see HUMONGOUS PLANES land. Lucky Cooper, he loves planes!! So after that we went to In-n-out, his favorite place to eat. He always gets a plain cheeseburger with a strawberry milkshake. After we picked up lunch Cooper and I went to Redbox and rented Despicable me 2, spoiler alert, his favorite movie haha.


The day before I asked Cooper if he wanted a store bought cake, cookies, or a home made cake from Rob (He bakes and cooks way better than me, I'm so lucky!!). Cooper wanted a chocolate rectangle cake, and I found some blue icing with fish sprinkles haha. He was on cloud 9 for for the second time, I don't think he has came down from that cloud. That's fine by me. As a mother to a 5 year old, I am so confused as to how I am doing as his mother. But I know that I am so lucky to have such a sweet little boy. I am denying the fact that he is not little anymore, can you tell? But he is so tender hearted, he is always thinking of how to make me smile, and telling me how beautiful I am (Something daddy taught him, again, I am so lucky!). Happy Birthday to my Cooper Roy, your my favorite son.

No comments: