Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Quinn Lorrie Fielding

 So I know that I am way past due on a TON of post, but a good place to start than to talk about my labor and delivery story about my Quinners.

Quinn was born October 8th 2011 @ 11:29 am

6lbs 12oz 18in 

When I saw her I was overwhelmed with joy. Rob and I both looked at each other with amazement and though of Cooper as soon as we saw her adorable face.

My Labor story:

Nothing really exciting or T.V. show worthy. But I was shocked because I did go into labor on my own, when with Cooper I was induced. So Robert and I had just gotten our new car, The Nitro, and I was just going about my usual day. Rob was off work, thankfully, and we were getting the car put together and such. About 9:00 pm I starting having contractions. I knew they were contractions, but they usually went away after maybe 2-4 individual contraction. So by contraction 5 and 6 I turned to Rob and said that I think I need to start keeping track of the contractions so I have a better idea if I need to go to the hospital. 2 bloody painful hours later we call the hospital and of course you might know what they said. "Yes, well you can come in if you feel like it. I can't tell you whether or not you can, so its up to you."

So after maybe another 20 minutes of talking and really debating if I should go to the hospital, we got Cooper up and drove to the hospital, It was 12:00 by the time we arrived.

Now for those of you who haven't been in the hospital when needing to be checked to see if your in labor, COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS. I was so nervous that the nurse was going to send me home. What the nurse does is check your dilation and effacing, and then tells you to wait for an hour and see if there is any progression. With how slow I was dilating I was scared that I was going to be send home. THANKFULLY I went from a 3 to a 4. It was 1:30 am. So I got checked in and called my mom and let her know of the exciting news. So from then to about 8:00 am I just tossed and turned hoping to sleep, but we all know its impossible. My Dr. showed up and was giving me the skinny as far as me needing to deliver before 12 and I am looking at him giving him the thumbs up haha. So a cute little side story: Now I'm sure a lot of you know that Rob and I decided to keep Quinn's name a secret, just like we did with Cooper. Now we had decided on Quinn when I was barely pregnant. I knew that she was a girl and that her middle name was going to be after my mom's first name, Lorrie. So Rob and I searched every name book, Internet site, and baby name app on the market, and the only names that we liked was Quinn and Sydney. I liked Sydney, but it didn't feel like the one. I KNEW that Quinn was the name. So when I was laying in bed my mom called Rob to see how things were going and I wanted my mom to know the name, and I wanted to be the one that told her. So I told my mom that her name was going to be

Quinn Lorrie Fielding

She was so moved, and I was so overwhelmed with emotion that I was crying with her. My mom deserved a grandchild that carried her name with them, and I truly grateful that it was my Quinn that has that great honor.

I love my little girl and happiness that she brings in my life. Cooper loves his sister and loves being a big brother. Rob is so protective and loving on his daughter that it melts my heart to see them together. I love my family so much and I thank Heavenly Father everyday for the kindness that He has shown me by giving me these amazing people in my life and giving me the title of Mother and Wife
















 Quinn's first time going to church

















 Cute little girl

No comments: